The purposes of the society
- To promote, research, develop, and apply genomics for the benefit of all society;
- To promote and support Te Ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi as innate to New Zealand genomics;
- To promote and support collaboration on genomics within New Zealand and internationally, cognisant of the 61/295 United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
- To promote and support education and public engagement in the field of genomics;
- To promote and support collaboration between genomics and a variety of disciplines; and
- To provide guidance to stakeholders in regards to genomics.